Notice: We sincerely hope all of you are keeping well during this epidemic, which has sadly affected so many people worldwide. Unfortunately, we have taken the decision to cancel Polonezkoy Summer Camp 2020 because of the possible risk of coronavirus infection. Our priority is to ensure the well being of participants at the ELACP camps, both staff and clients.
Many thanks for your understanding. We will keep you updated about Autumn and Winter Camps later this year. Hopefully we will see you for Summer Camp 2021.
The English summer school and camp is held in Polonezkoy every year between June-July. The program is organized by the English Language and Culture Project (ELACP), a London, UK based company.
The idea for the ELACP project was conceived by a group of Londoners who are involved in education in the United Kingdom. All of them were educated in the British school system, from primary and secondary school to college and university.
The English Language and Culture Project (ELACP) evolved from their idea to merge the experience of the English school camp with English Language tuition and cultural exchange between the UK and other countries.
English School & Camp Place
The English summer school and camp is based in the picturesque village of Polonezkoy, at the Club Adampol Hotel and Alinda Hotel, on the outskirts of Istanbul. The hotels are set in acres of green forests and fields, close to a river which flows into the sea.
The resort has its own huge outdoor swimming pool with water park, and indoor swimming pools for cooler days and splendid dining and barbecue areas with ample sports facilities and spa. The region is perfect for nature trails and hiking, horse riding, biking.
What to Expect?
The English summer school and camp program combines English Language classes with Drama lessons, recreational activities, challenges, competitions, entertainment and excursions for full immersion learning.
The program is for beginner to advanced levels. All students are assessed using approved English tests and the tuition is specially tailored for them. Their team consist of qualified native English Language teachers, supported by tutors, classroom assistants and activities leaders. The curriculum includes reading and writing, conversation and discussions in English.
At the ELACP summer school camp, learning English and fun is combined, and it is the perfect recipe. This is why the program is called as “Have Fun with English”.
Each student will receive 3 hours of formal English language tuition per day taught by a native English speaker. The activities and excursions are lead by native speakers so students have the opportunity to practice speaking English throughout the entire day! Students spend every moment of the day learning English through activities, conversation and formal tuition.
Every student on the ELACP program attends English drama classes two hours each day. The students study a popular English play, from a famous English writer, such as Shakespeare or Charles Dickens. They also perform scenes from classical English films, wearing costumes. Some films have complicated musical scenes which the students enjoy learning.
There is a performance on the last day of camp. Parents and friends are invited to attend. These classes are an excellent method of teaching students about English History, Literature and popular culture. It also gives them confidence to speak and sing in English to an audience.
- To bring the experience of school camp to students of all ages.
- To promote cultural exchange between the UK and other cultures of the World.
- To teach the English Language effectively and creatively.
- To introduce native English speakers to students of the English Language.
- To devise stimulating and exciting activities for students.
- To provide an enjoyable atmosphere for students while they are at camp.
- To serve healthy and interesting food.
- To ensure the security, safety and well-being of everyone at camp.
2021 Camp Dates
Not decided yet
2020 Camp Prices
1. Day Classes Prices
Program: Intensive English and Drama lessons plus activities, with lunch and snacks (40 hrs per week 9am-5pm)
- One Week Program : 150 euro pp
- Two Week Program : 280 euro pp
- Four Week Program: 550 euro pp
2. Residential Summer School and Camp Price
Program: Intensive English and drama course with accommodation, full board, activities, recreation and excursions.
- One Week Program : 480 euro pp
- Two Week Program : 950 euro pp
- Four Week Program: 1700 euro pp
- Intensive IELTS tuition : 150 euro pp (add on per week)
Residential Summer School and Camp Price includes
- Accommodation in double or triple room
- Three meals per day plus snacks
- English assessment test
- Formal English Language classes (15 hours each week)
- Practice in Listening and speaking English
- Drama workshop (12 hours per week)
- English Films
- Outdoor sports
- Indoor English board games
- Team building exercises
- Treasure Trail and orientation
- Visits to museums and exhibitions
- Visits to historical sites
- Visits to natural wonders
- Picnicking and outdoor barbecue
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- Music and Karaoke
- Animation/Quiz night
- Talent Competition
More Info & Booking
Volunteers download the form from elacp.com website. They fill it in and send it to ELAPC. After ELAPC approve the booking, ELAPC will send the invoice with details for payment.
A 50% deposit will be paid on invoice by bank transfer. The balance will be paid at least 8 weeks before start of the camp.
You can ask ELAPC representative to call you to assist with the booking form. All the information is on the booking terms and conditions.
You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your questions regarding the Summer School & Camp in Polonezkoy Istanbul.
Notice: polonezkoy.com portal does not have a partnership or any type of relation with the Summer School & Camp in Polonezkoy Istanbul.